Raspberry chia pudding
A few years ago, chia pudding was all the rage. It was the standard vegan dessert everywhere. Only, it usually tasted rather bland. That's when I started to give it a try myself and after only a few feeble attempts, I came up with a sensationally scrumptious recipe that only requires a handful of ingredients and tastes simply divine.
- ½ cup raspberries frozen are fine
- ½ cup full-fat coconut milk or any other plant milk you have at hand
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp shredded coconut
- 1 ts maple syrup
- 1/2 piece kiwi fruit
- 1/2 piece banana
- 1 ts white almond butter optional
- Put the chia seeds into a bowl or glass jar and stir in the milk. Let it sit for at least an hour to allow the chia seeds to gel.
- Gently stir in the raspberries and maple syrup.
- Put it in the fridge for a scrumptious breakfast the next day or eat it straight away.
- Before serving your raspberry chia pudding, top it with the cut-up kiwi fruit and banana and drizzle the (optional) almond butter over it.
Full-fat coconut milk is well worth the extra calories, trust me. It takes the creaminess of your raspberry chia pudding to the next level.