Hi, I am Alice. Like Alice in Wonderland. A passionate human being with a zest for life. With my feet firmly on the ground and my head somewhere up in the clouds I am always straddling the line between the possible and the not-yet-possible. Focussed on the present I strive for all the amazing experiences and opportunities that still lay ahead.
I’ve been practising Forrest Yoga for the better part of a decade, ever since a very excited very dear friend of mine dragged me to my first class. Convinced yoga wasn’t for me I tagged along just so she would stop talking about it.
I can’t even say what it was that initially got me hooked: The intense workout that felt like more than just a workout? The soothing hands-on assists I received? The genuine, welcoming atmosphere? The fact that there seemed to be no difference between me in my first yoga class and others that had clearly been practicing for a long time?
Whatever it was, I stayed.
Over the years, yoga developed from a weekly thing to a daily practice and in 2021 I was finally able to enter the Forrest Yoga Foundation Teacher Training to enhance my practice and dive deeper into the foundations, convinced that I was never going to teach.
A few days in I experienced what at the time felt like a major breakdown when I realised that there was nothing in the world I wanted more than teaching yoga.
So, here we are.
Professionally, I have not quite left the corporate world but merely switched sides: My focus is on helping people in high-stress jobs get from their heads back into their bodies by way of their breath.
Why I teach.
To me, teaching is a creative process that perfectly intertwines accompanying my students on their healing journey while training my awareness of other people’s requirements, making them feel safe and also sharpening my communication skills. I see myself as a guide, offering my students ways of helping themselves, encouraging and supporting them and always honouring the trust they put in me.
- Forrest Yoga Foundation Teacher Training (incl. RYT 200 certification) with Alexandra Sagorz-Zimmerl at bYoga, Vienna (November 2021 – May 2022)
- Forrest Yoga Immersion Retreat with Tom Barber at Vale de Moses, Portugal (May 2022)
- Bodywork Workshop (Back & Shoulders) with Jambo Truong, Vienna (June 2022)
- Forrest Yoga Mentorship Training with Alexandra Sagorz-Zimmerl, Vienna (November 2022 – January 2023)
- CET Hands On Assists with Alexandra Sagorz-Zimmerl, Vienna (April – May 2023)
- CET Effective Coaching & Teaching with Alexandra Sagorz-Zimmerl & Victoria Kourkaki at Nama Yoga Studio, Athens (May 2023)
- Forrest Yoga Advanced Teacher Training with Ana Forrest at Nama Yoga Studio, Athens (October 2023)
- Workshop Series with Ana Forrest & Jose Calarco at Austria Center, Vienna (November 2023)
- First responder (Austrian Red Cross)
- SSI Advanced Open Water Diver with over 60 dives and various specialty courses (such as: Stress & Rescue, Deep Diving, Navigation, Night & Limited Visibility)
- NLP Master Practitioner (Academy of Modern Applied Psychology)
- Various certificates in the areas of self-development, creativity, communications and marketing
- Volunteer-editor and proofreader of Justin P. Moore’s cookbooks “The Lotus & the Artichoke: Ethiopia” and “The Lotus & the Artichoke: Vegan Recipes from World Adventures 2.0”
- Editor and proofreader of Matthew Gray’s “Conspiracy Theories in the Arab World: Sources and Politics”
- Prolific plant-based chef (according to friends and family)
- Mag.phil. in Arabic (University of Vienna)
Things I love (besides yoga).
Explore. Dream. Discover.