Makes approx. two baking trays of the most scrumptious granola.
- 6 cups of your favourite mixed grains & oats
- 3 cups of your preferred nuts and seeds
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 ts cardamom
- 1 dash cayenne pepper for that unexpected kick
- Preheat oven to 160° C.
- Roughly chop nuts and mix with grains. Mix in the spices, then stir through the coconut oil and maple syrup.
- Spread on two baking trays (you may want to use parchment paper) and bake it for approximately 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Take it out of the oven and leave it to cool down completely before storing it in airtight containers.
- In theory, this granola will last for a couple of weeks.
The granola will continue to brown once it is out of the oven so don’t keep it in for too long.