NO-CHOC CHOCOLATE SMOOTHIE
A breakfast that tastes like ice cream but is actually healthy? No way!
No-choc chocolate smoothie
A breakfast that tastes like ice cream but is actually healthy? Is that even possible?! It very much is and I’ll show you how.This smoothie tastes like the best chocolate ice-cream shake you’ve ever had. If you’ve never had one, no worries. You don’t need to because this no-choc choc smoothie is actually better.On top of all that, it contains potassium (banana), protein and iron (oats, peanut butter), omega-3-acids (flaxseed), antioxidants (cacao, cinnamon) and if you’re using fortified milk even calcium and vitamins such as B12 or D.
- blender high-speed is best but an immersion blender will work just as well
- 1 frozen banana
- 2 tbsp oats
- 1 tbsp cocoa
- 1 ts hemp seeds
- 1 ts ground flaxseeds
- 150 ml oat milk or any plant milk of your choice
- 1 ts peanut butter sub for other nut or seed butter
- 1 scoop vanilla-flavoured protein powder optional but adds substance
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 1 ts roasted buckwheat optional
- Blend & enjoy. I love mine topped with roasted buckwheat for extra crunch.
Add everything to the blender. I start with the frozen banana, then the dry goods, lastly I add the milk.
Put on the lid (!), then blend.